Use canna butter like regular butter in any recipe; 1:1 Substitution.
Yield: 1 lb
Super Duper Stoney Dose: 16 – 1 oz Portions (2 T)
Super Stoney Dose: 32 – ½ oz Portions (1 T)
Stoney Dose: 48 – 1/3 oz Portions (2 tsp)
- 1 oz of Buds or 3 oz of Shake and Trim
- 1 lb Butter
- 4 cups Water
- Baking Sheet Pan
- Coffee Grinder
- Oven Mitt or Pot Holder
- Measuring Cup
- Mixing Spoon
- Large Bowl
Step 1 – Decarboxylation
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet pan with foil.
- Lightly grind your cannabis and trim like you are going to roll a joint. I grind the herb in a coffee grinder. Avoid grinding your herb into powder.
- Evenly spread it around your baking sheet pan.
- Bake for 1 hour – You and the Weed! This is called decarboxylation, a necessary step if you want be in the zone. This would also be a great time to roll a joint and get baked.
- Remove your sheet pan of cannabis from the oven. Use oven mitts or a pot holder. Burn Weed, Not Yourself.
***Note: Be prepared for your home to smell like weed. You may see some steam or vapor while your herb is baking. This is normal. Don’t worry; your weed isn’t losing its potency. Decarboxylating your weed is a necessary process to activate the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
Step 2 – Make A Cannabis Sachet
- Cut 2 equal pieces of cheesecloth and lay flat on top of each other.
- Carefully put all your decarboxylated cannabis on the cheesecloth, and make a cannabis sachet. This will go in the boiling water like a tea bag.
- Use a string to tie the sachet confining the cannabis within the cheesecloth. Make string long enough so you can tie the other end to the pot handle. Make sure no cannabis can escape from cheesecloth.
- I prefer to make a sachet. It prevents straining the cannabis butter when it is hot.
Step 3 – Simmer Down
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and then bring down to a simmer.
- Add 1 lb of butter to the simmering water.
- Once the butter has completely melted, add your decarboxylated cannabis sachet to the pot of simmering water and butter. The cannabis sachet should float to the top and should have at least 2 inches of clearance from the bottom of the pot. If not, add more water.
- Simmer for 90 minutes, stir occasionally
Step 4 – Canna Butter
- Put cannabis sachet in large bowl.
- Carefully squeeze the cannabis sachet with mixing spoon and bowl to get all water and butter out of the cannabis and sachet. BE CAREFUL, IT’S HOT!
- Pour the cannabis water and butter mixture into the large bowl.
- Put bowl in refrigerator and let it sit overnight. Do not cover. The butter and all the stoney stuff will solidify and rise to the top while the water and any loose plant matter will stay on the bottom.
- Use a knife to separate the canna budder from the bowl and put in a clean storage container. Your canna butter is ready.
***NOTE: You can store your budder for a week in the refrigerator for immediate use or you can store your budder in the freezer for 2-3 months without any loss of potency.
Cannabutter, Canna Butter, Canna Budder, Cannabudder, Pot Budder, Pot Butter
Made In USA